Colleges are making it more expensive for families to pay tuition bills with credit cards. USA Today reported that a growing number of colleges are adding fees to such payments, to offset the fees colleges must pay the credit card companies. Among the colleges that have adopted or are starting fees, the newspaper said: George Mason, Northwestern, and Wichita State Universities, and the Universities of Southern Maine and Virginia.
- Paying for College: Paper or Plastic?
- CFPB opens wide-ranging inquiry into campus debit cards
- Cheers and Cautions on Credit Cards
- Students Who Charge
- Essay on how to manage finances when on the long haul through grad school
- Chasing Higher One
- Consumer bureau issues initial findings on college debit card deals
- Education Department is urged to tighten rules on campus debit cards
Search for Jobs