John Silvanus Wilson Jr. was named Friday as the next director of the White House Initiative on Historically Black Colleges and Universities. Wilson is an associate professor of higher education at George Washington University, and has previously held administrative positions at GW and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. Wilson has extensive ties to black colleges. He is a graduate of Morehouse College, a trustee of Spelman College, and has served on various advisory boards or been an informal adviser on various efforts of the United Negro College Fund, the Kresge Foundation and the Mott Foundation to help black colleges.
- The View From the States
- Bucking Conventional Wisdom on College Costs
- Honoring the Anthem or Free Speech?
- State Student Aid, Before the Fall
- Dodging the Bullet
- Obama Will Speak at Morehouse Commencement
- George Cooper, Head of White House HBCU Office, Dies
- Obama Extends U.S. Efforts for Black Colleges
Search for Jobs