- Colleges create new academic programs
- New Presidents or Provosts: Butte College, Columbus College of Art
- Quick Takes: U.S. Archivist Moves to Protect Access to Records, Mich. Court Allows Disk Jockey's Suit, Survey Calculates Colleges' Recruiting Costs, Faculty Unrest at Harvard Design School, False Alarm at Ohio U.
- New presidents provosts Cabrillo Carlow Cincinnati Columbus Tech Governors State Mount Royal NMSU Princeton
- New Presidents or Provosts: Chaminade U., Columbus State U., Eastern Shore CC, Gordon-Conwell Theological Seminary, Harper College, Saint Joseph's College (Ind.), U. of Dayton
Franklin University and Franklin College have agreed on a court-approved settlement to their dispute, with the college appearing to have won some of the concessions it was looking for. The college is a liberal arts institution in Indiana and the university is based in Ohio and focuses on adult students. The college went to court after the university opened a branch in Indianapolis and started promoting it in ways the college said confused the two institutions in the public eye. The agreement requires, among other things, that the university promote itself in Indiana as “Franklin University of Ohio” or “Franklin University, Columbus, Ohio” and not to use Indianapolis or Indiana in conjunction with its name.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories