- Quick Takes: Sallie Mae Explains Loan Changes, 2 Robert Morris Students Killed, Colby Replaces Loans With Grants, Growing Call for Science Debate, Refunds for U. of California Students, Key Senate Aide Departs
- What Now for Student Aid Bill?
- '60 Minutes' vs. Sallie Mae
- Student Loan Bill Scorecard
- Aid for Students, Not Banks
Sallie Mae spent nearly $2 million in the first half of 2009 on federal lobbying at a time when Congress and the Obama administration are contemplating a radical restructuring of the student loan programs, the Huffington Post reported. The article, a product of the Web site's fledgling investigative fund, said that Sallie Mae hired a who's who of Washington lobbyists to fight the Obama administration's plan to end lending through the guaranteed loan program that Sallie Mae has dominated, and to push an alternative proposal that faces an uphill climb in Congress.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories