Last month, Marshall Drummond somewhat mysteriously left the chancellorship of the Los Angeles Community College District, announcing that he and the board had mutually agreed on the move. Drummond was in his second tenure in the job, having left in 2004 to lead the statewide community college system, but returning in 2007 to what he called the job he was really drawn to. It's still not clear why he left, but the Los Angeles Times reported on his settlement: $428,750 (over 19 months) and lifetime health insurance.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Asheville-Buncombe Technical CC, Broome CC, Higher Colleges of Technology, Maryville College, Pacific Oaks College, Singapore U. of Technology and Design, Southeastern Oklahoma State U.
- California changes law on how community colleges are financed
- Quick Takes: New Chancellor in LA, SW Michigan Loses Tax Vote, Sit-In Ends at Hawaii
- Upwardly Mobile Academic: Rocky Young
- Detectives at Office Hours
- New Tactic on Salary and Benefits
- New Presidents or Provosts: Brevard CC, Galen U., Hillsborough CC, Pierce College (Calif.), San Jose/Evergreen CC District, Seattle Central CC, Wittenberg U.
- New Presidents and Provosts: Brevard CC, Galen U., Hillsborough CC, Pierce College (Calif.), San Jose/Evergreen CC District, Seattle Central CC, Wittenberg U.
Search for Jobs