The following appointments, promotions and other job changes were announced recently by colleges, associations, companies and other organizations that operate in and around higher education. They are among the many such moves that appear in The Lists on Inside Higher Ed, which also includes a comprehensive catalog of upcoming events in higher education. This listing will appear as a regular feature in this space.
- Jarrett H. Brown, who is completing a Ph.D. at the College of William and Mary, has been appointed as instructor of English at College of the Holy Cross.
- Michael Fields, dean of the college of business administration at Central Michigan University, has been appointed dean of the H. Wayne Huizenga School of Business and Entrepreneurship at Nova Southeastern University.
- Patricia Higgins, Distinguished Service Professor and associate vice president for academic affairs at the State University of New York College at Plattsburgh, has been selected as interim provost there.
- Maria McLemore, interim executive director of system and foundation relations at the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, has been named to the job on a permanent basis.
- David P. Redlawsk, associate professor of political science and director of the Hawkeye Poll at the University of Iowa, has been named professor of political science and director of the Rutgers-Eagleton Poll at Rutgers University at New Brunswick.
- Sarah Whiting, assistant professor of history and theory in the School of Architecture at Princeton University, has been named dean of the School of Architecture at Rice University.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Montana State U.-Billings, Nova Southeastern U., Onondaga CC, Suffolk U.
- New Presidents and Provosts: Brenau U., Gordon College, Pacific Oaks College, Sacred Heart U., St. Louis CC-Meramec, SUNY-Plattsburgh, West Liberty U.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Brenau U., Gordon College, Pacific Oaks College, Sacred Heart U., St. Louis CC-Meramec, SUNY-Plattsburgh, West Liberty U.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Alaska Pacific U., Cumberland County College, Illinois Central College, New Mexico State U., Nova Southeastern U., Oklahoma City U., Southeast Missouri State U., Waynesburg U.
- Rutgers says it didn't have cause to fire Rice. Contract suggests otherwise
- Video shows Rutgers basketball coach assaulting players and using slurs
- Colleges start new programs
- Quick Takes: Stanford Raises $1.1 Billion for Undergraduate Education, Debt Ratings Hold Steady, $50 Million for Asian Art at Florida State, New Under Secretary at U.S. Education Department, Hebrew College and Nova Southeastern Collaboration
Search for Jobs