Brandeis University has settled a lawsuit challenging its ability to replace a science building. The Wall Street Journal reported that Brandeis has agreed to name a lab after the donor of the building slated for demolition. That donor was the great uncle of a man who sued, arguing that in accepting the donor's funds, Brandeis had agreed to maintain a building named in the donor's honor.
- Colleges sell naming rights to bathrooms
- Donor Intent vs. Current Realities
- Quick Takes: Art Disputes at Fisk and Randolph, Education Dept. Oversight Faulted, Publishers' Lobbying Questioned, Ave Maria Law Accreditation at Risk, Miracle for Stonehill, Noose at Maryland, Trips and Spa Treatments, U. of Hawaii Settles Suit
- Unsettling Settlement Over 'Donor Intent'
- Still Recovering From September 11
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories