Michael Cox, professor of music theory and composition at Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary's School of Church Music since 1990, has taken early retirement, rather than ending his membership in Broadway Baptist Church in Fort Worth, as he would have had to do to continue to teach, the Associated Baptist Press reported. The seminary, which requires faculty members to be affiliated with churches that share its faith, recently said that Broadway Baptist did not meet its tests because it was not sufficiently strong in condemning homosexuality.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Case Western Reserve U., Norfolk State U., Truett-McConnell College, United Arab Emirates U., U. of the District of Columbia
- Seminaries Under Stress
- Loss of Faith in Tenure
- Kentucky Supreme Court strengthens rights of faculty members at religious institutions
- New presidents provosts Bunker Hill Cedarville Claremont ISU Jamestown Ventura WNMU Youngstown
- New Baptist college plans to open in Vermont
- Most of the faculty at General Theological Seminary is gone. What happened?
- Erskine struggles to find a president who meets its religious requirements
Search for Jobs