The Faculty Senate Executive Committee at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign on Thursday called for the replacement of Richard Herman as chancellor of the campus and Joseph White as president of the university system, the Chicago Tribune reported. Both have come in for harsh criticism as Tribune and state investigations revealed their roles in an admissions scandal in which applicants with political clout -- some of them with academic qualifications that were less than distinguished -- were given preference in the admissions process. Both have said that they plan to remain in office.
- Foxes Guard Illinois Henhouse
- Damning Report on Illinois Scandal
- Blago-Style Admissions
- Oh Governor, Where Art Thou?
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
- U. of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign faculty watch strike at Chicago campus closely
- 2 Wins for Illinois Professors
- Illinois legislators scrutinize college executives' pay and exit packages
Search for Jobs