- Colleges announce commencement speakers
- New Presidents or Provosts: Cambridge College, Capella U., Jefferson College, Winston-Salem State U.
- New Programs: Biotechnology, Construction, Aviation MBA, Aviation Safety, Health Care Administration
- New Presidents or Provosts: Barry U., Camden CC, Catholic U. of America, Coastal Carolina U., Florida A
- New Programs: Mechatronics, Science and Society, Exercise Science, Engineering, Criminal Justice, International Relations, Sound Recording
Five years into the process of moving its sports program into the National Collegiate Athletic Association's top competitive level, Winston-Salem State University has decided to remain in Division II, the university announced Friday. Winston-Salem began the process of reclassifying its athletics programs to Division I, with the hope of increased visibility and the prospect of attracting higher quality athletes with increased scholarship funds. But Winston-Salem's board backed a recommendation by President Donald J. Reaves to return to Division II after the 2009-10 season. “In the final analysis the resources to complete the reclassification simply were not available, currently nor prospectively, in sufficient amounts" to support the move, Reaves said.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories