Families are saving an average of $2,676 for college annually, according to the results of a new survey by Sallie Mae and Gallup. The survey also found that -- as a percentage of income -- those with incomes under $50,000 save more than wealthier families. Only 29 percent of families are on track to meet their college savings goals, the survey found. Details of "How America Saves for Colleges 2009" are available here.
- How Americans Pay for College
- Sallie Mae survey highlights a changing marketplace for students
- Salle Mae survey finds families unwilling to pay more for higher education
- Occupy protests focusing increasingly on student debt
- More Pressure Than Ever: The 2014 Survey of College and University Admissions Directors
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories