Seminole Community College has become the latest Florida community colleges to rename itself as part of a shift to adding four-year programs. But as The Daytona Beach News-Journal reported, the college invited submissions from the public on possible name changes. While the college ended up going with a fairly modest name change, becoming Seminole State College of Florida, some proposals were more dramatic. Among the ideas submitted: Obama State College, Ronald Reagan State College, Zora Hurston College, Tebow College, Michael Jackson State College and Bob Saget State College.
- Grudge Match
- Florida Lawmaker to Forgo Pay in University Job
- Quick Takes: Boston Mayor Wants to Overhaul Community Colleges, Tornado Hits Embry-Riddle, Duke President Calls for DA to Give Up Case, Stafford Dies, $355K Theft Alleged at Bridgewater State, Med Dean Defends Pepsi Board Work
- New Presidents or Provosts: Claremont Lincoln U., Columbia College (Calif.), Daytona State College, Fashion Institute of Technology, Southern Maine CC, Texas State Technical College-West Texas
- New Presidents or Provosts: Brown U., Cambridge College, Earlham College, South Piedmont CC, Texas State U. System, Trinity College Dublin, U. of Illinois-Springfield, U. of West Georgia
- Quick Takes: IRS May Expand Probe, Revival Hopes for Antioch, Students and Stimulus Package, Using Debt to Recover, NC Central to Pay $1.1M, UDC Plans Community College, Reform Ideas for Michigan Athletes, Absent at NCAA Meeting, Florida State's 'The'
- New Presidents or Provosts: Florida Memorial U., Shorter College, Tidewater Community College, Wright State U.
- New Programs: Global Politics, Accounting Technology, Nursing
Search for Jobs