Iraq's government has suspended classes and barred all political activities and the student union at Mustansiriyah University, in Baghdad, following student protests, the Associated Press reported. Government officials said that they were forced to act because the university was coming under the control of Shiite religious groups.
- Universities in Iraq are caught in the conflict
- Quick Takes: Conflicts of Interest in Study Abroad, Education Experience Not Needed, AAUP on Antioch, Decline of For-Profit Chain, Lab Safety, Bush on Immigration, Falwell Pays Off Liberty's Debt, Suit on Shift of Loan Funds, Iraqi Library Seized
- Quick Takes: Little Bias Found in Pa. Colleges, Protecting Animal Research, Tenured Jobs at Risk at Southern Oregon, Oxford Governance Plan Advances, Town-Gown Pact in Conn., Growth of Academic Libraries, Bob Knight's Temper, Iraqi Universities Shut Down
- Academics Struggle for Civil Society in Iraq
- Why Is Huda Ammash Behind Bars?
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories