Seattle University suddenly removed its dean of admissions, Michael McKeon, last month, following an off year in the enrollment of freshmen, The Seattle Times reported. While McKeon and senior administrators are not talking about his departure, shifts in admissions strategy are prompting discussion on the campus, where some fear that McKeon's emphasis on attracting minority and low-income students will be replaced by one on attracting more students who can pay. Seattle enrolled 747 freshmen this year, missing the university's target by 10 percent. Meanwhile Gonzaga University, also a Jesuit university in Washington States, is seeing enrollment increases.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Biola U., Cleveland State U., Gonzaga U., Rancho Santiago CC District, St. Louis College of Pharmacy, Yavapai College
- New Presidents and Provosts: Biola U., Cleveland State U., Gonzaga U., Rancho Santiago CC District, St. Louis College of Pharmacy, Yavapai College
- Quick Takes: Calif. Community College Chancellor Resigns, $100M to Eliminate Loans at Chicago, High Graduation Rates With Low-Income Students, Impact of Debt on Students, Lenders' Code of Conduct, Apple Unveils iTunes U., Textbook Report Previewed
- New Presidents or Provosts: American U. in Cairo, Cornish College of the Arts, Edmonds CC, Georgia Southern U., Methodist U., Tufts U., Vermont Technical College
- New Presidents or Provosts: Averett U., Cedarville U., Howard U., North Iowa Area CC, Portland State U., U. of Florida, U. of South Dakota, Vanderbilt U., Wayne State U.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Argosy U.-Seattle, Baruch College, California State U. at Sacramento, Eastern Kentucky U., St. Ambrose U., Southern Methodist U., Stevens Institute of Technology, Wilfrid Laurier U.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Dakota Wesleyan U., Grand Canyon U., Henderson State U., Massachusetts Bay CC, Oregon Institute of Technology
- Quick Takes: $1.1M Settlement in Harassment Suit, Continued Fears on Birth Control Costs, Columbia Rules Out Evictions, 8 Men Sue Seattle U., Accusations on Luna Presidential Search, Missouri Law Makes Evaluations Public, Job Prospects for New Grads
Search for Jobs