Richard Herman has withdrawn as a candidate to become the next president of New Mexico State University, The News-Gazette reported. Herman's status as a finalist had raised eyebrows as he recent resigned as chancellor of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign amid a scandal over admissions preferences for politically connected applicants.
- Quick Takes: Ex-Chancellor Admits Guilt, Attracting International Students, Lobbying on Creationist Degrees, Anger Over Harvard Sale of Property, Support for 'Proof of Concept' Centers, Move in Turkey to End Headscarf Ban
- Resignation of Illinois technology administrator raises questions of centralization of IT
- U of Illinois releases inappropriately withheld emails on controversies over Salaita and Kilgore
- U. of Illinois apparently revokes job offer to controversial scholar
- Quick Takes: 7 Students Killed in Fire, $85M Not to Change Name, Princeton to Return Art to Italy, 3 Years for 'Fighting Sioux' Name, Chief Images Allowed in Parade, Club Proliferation, Vandals Who Want to Smoke, Invincible Donovan U.
- U. Illinois board votes 'No' on Salaita appointment
- Contract renewal for adjunct with criminal past raises academic freedom concerns at Illinois
- Foxes Guard Illinois Henhouse
Search for Jobs