Continuing a trend in which nonprofit disciplinary societies are turning to commercial publishers, the American Geographical Society and Wiley-Blackwell on Tuesday announced that Wiley would start publishing two journals that have been managed directly by the society until now. The journals are Geographical Review and FOCUS on Geography. The Review has been published by the society since 1856.
- Too Christian or Too Narrow?
- British Libraries Push Back
- Publishing and Values
- New open access publishing model praised for audacity, but sustainability concerns remain
- Quick Takes: Iran's President Will Talk at Columbia, No Extra Time for Lactation, Ebola Study Halted, Producing Business Professors, Anthropology Announces Journal Shift, New Approach to Corporate Donations, Rabies Shots for 11 Students
- Who Profits From For-Profit Journals?
- Abandoning Print, Not Peer Review
- Cornering the Marketplace of Ideas
Search for Jobs