- Education Department recognizes same-sex marriages for student aid purposes
- Partner benefits in higher ed evolve as more states recognize gay marriage
- Scholarly associations and individual professors weigh in on gay marriage cases
- FAFSA changes recognized many kinds of parents
- Same-Sex Couples and Financial Aid
Students at the University of North Texas have voted down -- 58 to 42 percent -- a proposal to allow same-sex couples to run for spots in the homecoming court, The Dallas Morning News reported. Many colleges have had men win election as homecoming queens, women as kings, and transgender students in positions as well. At North Texas, students seeking these honors must run with a partner on a ticket, and that raised the issue to some of whether same-sex couples would be permitted, which will now not be the case.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories