Florida Gulf Coast University has suspended Patrick Davis as associate professor of counseling amid allegations that he has an inappropriate relationship with a student, The Naples Daily News reported. Two other professors requested an investigation into Davis, charging that he was having a romantic relationship with one of his graduate students, was the father of her child, and had changed her grades. The newspaper found gift registries suggesting wedding plans for Davis and the student, who has not been identified. Davis was not quoted in the article. But an August report on NBC2 about the allegations quoted Davis as sending an e-mail to the university in which he said that the charges were "unfounded and untrue" and "I must say that the avid interest in my personal life seems a bit unbalanced."
- Conservative Group Says Inside Information Got Out
- Could a Press End Up on Chopping Block?
- Interview with author of book on civil rights activism in Mississippi
- A Call to Defend Academic Freedom
- Campus advocates on sexual assault issues fear impact of 'Rolling Stone' article that boosted their cause
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories