A report being released today by the Brookings Institution documents the national decline in coverage of education issues. During the first nine months of 2009, only 1.4 percent of national news coverage focused on education issues, the study found. And much of the coverage that did occur was focused on issues beyond education -- such as crime or H1N1. The study found that coverage of community colleges is "especially" poor.
- Clearinghouse study finds declining student persistence rates
- College Settles on Crime Reporting
- 'The Dark Side of the Ivory Tower'
- How student debt became a focus of the presidential campaign
- Tears for a For-Profit College's Demise
- Presidential Career Paths
- Imperfect Peek Into the Police Blotter
- Before the Fall
Search for Jobs