- Quick Takes: Temporary U.S. Postsecondary Chief, Layoffs at Charles Drew, Gaza Protests in US and UK
- On Israel, Shifted Ground
- University of California Berkeley protesters occupy campus
- Ohio U. debate intensifies over anti-Israel twist to "ice bucket challenge" and 4 arrests
- Arrest of Black Professor Infuriates Colleagues
Police arrested 33 protesters Thursday morning who had occupied the business school building at San Francisco State University, The San Francisco Chronicle reported. Campus police, along with San Francisco police, entered the building at 3:15 a.m. and some officers broke windows to get inside because doors had been blocked. The university later announced that the building had been reopened and that regularly scheduled events and classes would take place. The protests have been described as largely being about the major program cuts and tuition increases at the California State University System, but a list of demands on the protesters' Web site also called for the end to wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, Pakistan and Gaza; a shift in university control from administrators to students, faculty members and staff; the shutdown of prisons; and the establishment of a single payer health-care system.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories