The woman who was briefly expelled from a Brazilian university for wearing a miniskirt that was deemed to be too short is suing Bandeirantes University in Sao Paulo for $575,000, the Associated Press reported. While the woman was readmitted after a national debate on the issue, she charges that the incident led to harassment and heckling that made her need special protection that the university declined to provide.
- More Mergers in Brazil
- Affirmative action in Higher Education in Brazil: São Paulo’s turn
- Controversy over Brazilian university's request to identify Israeli students
- Danger Ahead for the State Universities in São Paulo State
- Brazil Offers Yet Another Ranking
- Brazil: Federal higher education at risk
- Quick Takes: Vermont Anthropology Professor Killed in Amazon, Raids Against Alleged Dipoma Mill
- Dilemmas of Expansion: Can the Brazilian government assure the quality of new institutions?
Search for Jobs