The large tuition increases have led to many student protests, but now parents are mobilizing as well, the Los Angeles Times reported. Rallies and other efforts have taken place and are being organized to reach lawmakers. While university officials tend to say that they have added financial aid to help those unable to pay the added costs, many families don't feel that the additional aid is enough or will reach them.
- Protesters Receive Coy Embrace
- Tuition Hike-oholism Hits Bottom?
- Public universities question why they, not lawmakers, are protesters' target
- Unnatural Enemies
- Documentary by Frederick Wiseman portrays UC-Berkeley in fall 2010
- Essay on importance of understanding global student activism
- Losing HOPE
- Big tuition hikes at private colleges complicate affordability picture
Search for Jobs