Following in the footsteps of its wealthy peers across the Atlantic, the University of Cambridge plans to raise £400 million (about $635 million) in its first-ever bond offering, the Times of London reported. University officials told the newspaper that they worried about the first major borrowing in its 800-year existence, but that a bond issue was the best way to raise needed money for two building projects.
- U. of Cambridge turns to bonds, and some worry about the risk
- Can U. of Cambridge advance with a new area for graduate student housing, but without undergraduates?
- Stimulus Spurs Campus Building
- British universities urged to get more ambitious on fund-raising
- British universities spend big to prepare for increase in tuition rates
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories