This is the time of year when most elite colleges announce yet another increase in applications, but the hike at the University of Chicago -- 42 percent -- is unusually large. The Chicago Tribune reported that officials cited a range of possible reasons, from increased outreach efforts to the publicity associated with President Obama having been a faculty member.
- Too Much Mail From U. of Chicago Admissions?
- Music Programs See Surge in Applications
- Modest Uptick for Income-Based Repayment
- Reports: Obama Picks U of Chicago for His Library
- Big Ten May Become Big Twelve
- Obamas Promote Federal Student Aid Application
- Northwestern Offers New Help for Chicago Students
- Obama Plans Boost for Community Colleges
Search for Jobs