U.S. Colleges Track Students, Faculty in Haiti
January 14, 2010
Several American colleges are tracking down students and faculty members on programs or conducting research in Haiti, and the news was encouraging but incomplete Wednesday evening -- amid the devastation of the earthquake there:
- The University of Wisconsin at Madison reported that two separate groups of students in the country are accounted for and unharmed.
- Lynn University has not yet accounted for its students there, but has secondhand information -- via a tweet from a student -- that the students are fine.
- Blue Ridge Community College also has secondhand information that its two employees and two students currently in Haiti are unharmed.
- Taylor University has received word that a student and a faculty member are safe.
- A dean at Maryville University is safe and keeping a blog.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Grand Forks, ND
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Located in Wilson, North Carolina , Barton College is an academic community of approximately 1,130 students and 200 faculty and staff. Nationally...
The mission of San Joaquin Delta Community College District is to provide excellent post-secondary education that serves the needs of students, and...