Israel's government is backing the stance of the Ariel University Center of Samaria, located on the West Bank, that it is indeed an Israeli university and not a college, Haaretz reported. The institution was founded as a college and has been pushing for university status, with backing from those who advocate a strong Israeli presence on the West Bank. Advocates for Palestinians have criticized the growth of the institution as needlessly disruptive to peace talks.
- Showdown Ahead on Israeli Higher Ed Center in West Bank
- Controversial Visa Bans Lifted
- Room for Improvement
- Another Case of Academic Fraud
- Freshmen Abandon Business
- Panel Blocks University Status for Israeli West Bank Institution
- Israeli Court Upholds Upgraded Status for Ariel U.
- Stagnation or Worse for K-12 Foreign Language
Search for Jobs