- Losing at the Rate of Inflation
- Quick Takes: Obama Calls for Service, Analysis Favors Subject Tests Over SAT, Moody's Is Cautious on Private Colleges, Loan Jolt for Chicago Grad Students, Big Raise for Governor's Wife, New Community College, British Borrowing Up, Studying Suicide
- NYU establishes campuses and sites around the globe
- Columbia trustee's column challenges notion that trustees should speak with one voice
- Quick Takes: Texas-Pan Am President Accused of Plagiarism, Rice and Baylor Med May Merge, Montclair Students Protest Cartoon Slur on Obama, Police Chief Says He'll Make Degree Legit, Oregon Wrestlers Lose Suit, Anger Over Web Posting, Flu Shot Record
The Yuba Community College board on Wednesday voted to revoke a controversial $29,000 raise for Chancellor Nicki Harrington, News 10 reported. Board members said that they were starting a process to award a new raise, and that they acted because questions have been raised about whether their earlier vote to award the raise violated state open-meetings requirements. Board members said that they didn't believe they had violated the law, but wanted to remove any doubts. Many faculty and student leaders have spoken out against the raise, saying it was inappropriate at a time of deep budget cuts at the California community college.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories