- Federal judge rejects community college's arguments against anti-gay leaflets
- Quick Takes: Coaches' Group Rates Colleges on Minority Hiring, Eau Claire Reviews RA Policies, 6 Chattanooga Football Players Face Rape Charges, Dispute Over New MBA in Md., Choir Director Accuses U. of North Dakota of Anti-Gay Bias
- Dispute at Franciscan U. over course calling homosexuality deviant
- Christopher Newport Bars Anti-Gay Bias
- Reversal on Anti-Gay Bias
The American Civil Liberties Union has filed a complaint with Fresno City College, charging that a health instructor is giving religious instruction with an anti-gay bias, in violation of the separation of church and state, the Associated Press reported. The instructor could not be reached for comment and the college says only that it is investigating. The ACLU's letter says that the instructor, Bradley Lopez, regularly uses the Bible as a text on health issues, called homosexuality an illness for which recommended treatments include counseling and hormones, cited the Bible to explain why abortion should be viewed as murder, and told students that abortion is the leading cause of death in the United States.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories