The American Civil Liberties Union has filed a complaint with Fresno City College, charging that a health instructor is giving religious instruction with an anti-gay bias, in violation of the separation of church and state, the Associated Press reported. The instructor could not be reached for comment and the college says only that it is investigating. The ACLU's letter says that the instructor, Bradley Lopez, regularly uses the Bible as a text on health issues, called homosexuality an illness for which recommended treatments include counseling and hormones, cited the Bible to explain why abortion should be viewed as murder, and told students that abortion is the leading cause of death in the United States.
- Sociologists Get Religion
- Win for Women Who Wrestled
- Anything But Studying
- Dartmouth Drops 'No Loans'
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Beloit, Harvard, Ohio Wesleyan, St. Joseph
- Inadequate Information Seen on College Choices
- Georgia Fires Official Accused of File-Sharing Shakedown
- California Community Colleges and Kaplan Collaborate
Search for Jobs