Historians -- some with ties to the Kennedy family and some who have studied the family -- have created a Web site to denounce the History Channel for a forthcoming mini-series that they say is full of distortions. The site features a petition that says: "The script for the upcoming 'The Kennedys' miniseries on The History Channel is right-wing character assassination, not 'history.' Until The History Channel stops running politically motivated fiction as historical 'fact,' I will refuse to watch their programming." Steve Kronish, the primary writer for "The Kennedys" and a co-executive producer of "24," told The Huffington Post that the script that led the historians to organize was still evolving. "My feeling is, if you want to take the position that we are doing a hatchet job on the Kennedys why don't you wait until we show it," Kronish said. "Then you can decide if we have been salacious or unfair... that is the time to make the criticism. Not when we are in the very beginning stages of this project."
- Scholars wonder why medieval studies group lost its executive directors
- U of Oklahoma history professors object to joint course with History Channel
- Smoke and Mirrors
- Historians Team Up to Back Obama
- Mad -- or Just Angry?
- Tenure Beyond the Monograph
- Armed with federal data, Maryland goes after out-of-state distance education providers
- Show Clio the Money!
Search for Jobs