Lake Michigan College has barred enrollment on any of the community college's campuses of students who have been convicted of sex crimes involving children, the Associated Press reported. The rule was adopted after a man who tried to enroll indicated that he was a sex offender whose crime had involved a child. The man was barred. College officials noted that they have child-care facilities and also programs that involve young children, but some are questioning whether the policy is too broad. The college will allow the sex offenders to enroll in online programs.
- Turning Off the Lights
- Medical Schools Expand -- and Contract
- 'Harnessing America's Wasted Talent'
- New Presidents or Provosts: Baylor U., Briarcliffe College, College of the Albemarle, U. of Michigan at Flint, U. of San Francisco, William Penn U., Youngstown State U.
- You Say You Want a Revolution?
- Turmoil Over Erskine College Board
- Baylor Will Receive $200M Bequest
- Racist Fliers at 2 Wisconsin Colleges
Search for Jobs