A police officer at the University of Florida shot Kofi Adu-Brempong, a 35-year-old doctoral student in geography from Ghana, Tuesday night. A statement from the university said that a resident of the family housing unit where Abu-Brempong lives "called police after hearing the student screaming in his apartment. Officers tried to negotiate with the student for about an hour after he barricaded himself into his apartment. The student threatened officers with a pipe and a knife." The Gainesville Sun reported further details and published police reports about the incident.
- Why We Can’t Breathe Easy
- Keeping Transcripts Secure
- A Liberal Arts College Marks Five Years in Ghana
- Quick Takes: President Fired at CC of Denver, ABA Proposes New Accreditation Rules, States Urge Senate Action on Loan Reforms, Carlow U. Takes on Steakhouse, Bush Plans Stem-Cell Veto and Research Effort, Dubious Degree for Swedish Official
- Murderers, Video and Academic Freedom
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories