A police officer at the University of Florida shot Kofi Adu-Brempong, a 35-year-old doctoral student in geography from Ghana, Tuesday night. A statement from the university said that a resident of the family housing unit where Abu-Brempong lives "called police after hearing the student screaming in his apartment. Officers tried to negotiate with the student for about an hour after he barricaded himself into his apartment. The student threatened officers with a pipe and a knife." The Gainesville Sun reported further details and published police reports about the incident.
- Medical Schools Expand -- and Contract
- You Say You Want a Revolution?
- Fighting a Copyright Charge
- 'Harnessing America's Wasted Talent'
- Racist Fliers at 2 Wisconsin Colleges
- College Bars Students Who Committed Sex Crimes With Children
- Turning Off the Lights
- New Presidents or Provosts: Baylor U., Briarcliffe College, College of the Albemarle, U. of Michigan at Flint, U. of San Francisco, William Penn U., Youngstown State U.
Search for Jobs