- Quick Takes: Insurance Refunds, Community College Formula Fairness, Pork Barrel Expands, More Woes for Indiana Athletics, Sign of Change for WVU, Reforming Adult Education, Elusive Pig
- Quick Takes: Bomb Probe at UCLA, 'Life Skills' Post at Iowa State, Archibishop Denounces Creighton Profs, Bishop State President Quits, Professor Who Had Affair Sues, Suit Over Tuition Help for Veterans, NCAA Punishes Cheyney U.
- New Programs: Data Management, Occupational Therapy, Information Assurance, Computer Simulations
- Nebraska community college trying a new adult education approach
- New Presidents or Provosts: Adirondack CC, Argosy U./Chicago, Assumption College, Central Carolina Technical College, Cheyney U. of Pennsylvania, Southwest Virginia CC, U. of Nebraska-Omaha
Community colleges in Nebraska have reached a compromise over a funding dispute that led Metropolitan Community College, in Omaha, to sue the state's five other community colleges, The Omaha World-Herald reported. Metro State has argued that the state's funding formulas favor rural institutions unfairly. Under the deal reached to resolved the dispute, the suit will be dropped, Metro will receive $1.8 million this year from the other colleges while keeping the formula in effect for the year, and the six colleges will negotiate a new state formula for use in the future.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories