The National Association of Colleges and Employers has released its latest survey on the majors that yield the highest starting salaries, Eight of the top 10 are in engineering, with the non-engineering majors being computer science and information sciences. Topping the list is petroleum engineering at $86,220, followed by chemical engineering at $65,142. That places those new bachelor's degrees holders above the average salaries of many associate professors in the humanities.
- Ranking Confession
- The Shrunken Student Aid Bill
- New Programs: Engineering, MBA, Music Education, Engineering Education, Ancient Studies
- Arizona Universities Ordered to Cut Payrolls
- Israel to Create Centers to Counter Brain Drain
- Too Young for Foreign Field Work?
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Albany Pharmacy, Albright, Cal State Monterey Bay, CC of Philadelphia, Denison, Jacksonville, Johns Hopkins, Le Moyne, Mount St. Mary's, School of Visual Arts, U. of Indianapolis, U. of Mass. Lowell, Wagner
- 'New Paradigm' for Economic Development
Search for Jobs