Butler University's faculty has rejected a student proposal to invite John Roberts, chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, to be the commencement speaker this year, The Indianapolis Star reported. Roberts has a niece in the graduating class. Faculty members said that they voted down the idea not because they object to Roberts's ideas, but because they generally avoid political figures for commencement speakers.
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Albany Pharmacy, Albright, Cal State Monterey Bay, CC of Philadelphia, Denison, Jacksonville, Johns Hopkins, Le Moyne, Mount St. Mary's, School of Visual Arts, U. of Indianapolis, U. of Mass. Lowell, Wagner
- A Cure For Meetings?
- Ranking Confession
- OMG! No Texting or Facebook for 24 Hours!
- Why a Canadian University Wants U.S. Accreditation
- The Shrunken Student Aid Bill
- 'New Paradigm' for Economic Development
- A Bush Choice With College Ties
Search for Jobs