- A Bush Choice With College Ties
- Essay urges colleges to end competition for celebrity commencement speakers
- End of the Line for Wash. Affirmative Action Case
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Beloit, Southwestern, UCLA, Notre Dame, Sweet Briar
- College groups flood Supreme Court with briefs defending affirmative action
Butler University's faculty has rejected a student proposal to invite John Roberts, chief justice of the U.S. Supreme Court, to be the commencement speaker this year, The Indianapolis Star reported. Roberts has a niece in the graduating class. Faculty members said that they voted down the idea not because they object to Roberts's ideas, but because they generally avoid political figures for commencement speakers.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories