Stuart Dorsey, president of the University of Redlands, quit Tuesday, citing divisions on the campus over budget cuts, The Press-Enterprise reported. The university is facing a budget deficit and considering cuts, including faculty positions."I regret that I, rightly or wrongly, have become the personification and focal point of the budget controversy that is raging and threatens to damage that asset," the president said. "Very, very reluctantly and with deep sadness, but out of respect and love for this great university, I have concluded that it is best for me to step aside." The university is considering a plan to close the computer science, Japanese and speech/debate departments, The San Bernardino County Sun reported.
- New Presidents or Provosts: Fort Lewis College, Lock Haven U., Milligan College, Memphis College of Art, U. of Maine-Orono, Wittenberg U.
- Melee in Miami
- Challenges of Twitter and Plato
- Gannett Purchases Student Paper
- New Presidents or Provosts: Arizona Western, Blue Ridge CC, Columbia State CC, Front Range CC, Grantham U., North Country CC, SUNY-Albany, U. of Texas Health Science Center-San Antonio
- New presidents provosts: Bowie CSU-Chico Heritage MassBay RPI Redlands
- New presidents provosts Auburn Georgia College Gordon IU-Bloomington Merced Redlands
- New presidents or provosts: Adams Casper Lindenwood Miami OKCC Oregon RISD Ripon WOU
Search for Jobs