The negative reviews have started for a student play at Tarleton State University even though the critics haven't seen the production. The Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported that Christian groups are mad that the university has allowed students to put on Corpus Christi, a Terrence McNally work that depicts Jesus as gay and has him perform a gay marriage. Student actors have been pressured to quit, the newspaper said, but the university has defended the project, citing the values of academic freedom.
- No 'Corpus Christi' at Tarleton State
- Tarleton Caved, but Gallaudet Defends Controversial Play
- Colleges announce commencement speakers
- Quick Takes: U. of Missouri Recognizes Christian Fraternity, Tornado Damage at Embry-Riddle Tops $50M, Would-Be Grade Hacker Busted, Simon Fraser Cross Debate
- Quick Takes: New Analysis of Dearth of Female Scientists, Improving State Budget Picture, Cash and Sex for Grade Changes, Decline in Percentage of Female Coaches, Iraq Service Disqualifies Veteran for In-State Tuition
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories