Organizers of a talk by Ann Coulter at the University of Ottawa said that a "threatening" crowd of 2,000 student protesters forced her to call off a talk Tuesday night, the Associated Press reported. Those who organized the protest said she engaged in hate speech and questioned why she was invited to the university. The conservatives who brought her to campus said that the protest was squelching free speech. On Monday, Coulter spoke at the University of Western Ontario, and she told a Muslim student that rather than traveling via a flying carpet, he should "take a camel."
- Fordham declines to ban Ann Coulter, but her invitation is rescinded
- Furor Over Anti-Islam Speaker
- Calling Off Ann Coulter
- Berkeley students protest Bill Maher as commencement speaker
- Discouraging Jeerers
- Backing Expression Over Suppression
- Are You Ready for 'Islamo-Fascism Week'?
- A Threat to Freedom
Search for Jobs