The University of South Carolina could soon lose its only black board member, and with black legislators unhappy about the prospect, they are warning black football recruits to reconsider enrolling, The Associated Press reported. "We are asking young athletes to be aware ... there are folks in this state who say it's fine to play ball but not be on the governing board," the chair of the Legislative Black Caucus told the AP. Steve Spurrier, the football coach, declined to talk about the controversy.
- Play on Our (Political) Team
- Star Athlete, You're Admitted. Er, Never Mind
- Quick Takes: 3 Delaware State Students Shot, Coach vs. Admissions, B-School Accreditation Plan, Settlement of Battery Charge, More Women at Caltech, Dispute on Possible Sale of Art, St. Ambrose Drops Name of Bishop From Library, Building Boom in Mass.
- Mind the (Scholarship) Gap
- Legislators seek 2-year closure for South Carolina State U.
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories