Mariam Stricklen, a tenured professor of crop and soil sciences at Michigan State University, has retracted an article she published in the journal Nature Reviews Genetics, writing that she unintentionally included a paragraph from an unpublished article she had reviewed for another journal, Plant Science, The Lansing State Journal reported. Stricklen, who is currently on medical leave, wrote that she is under treatment for a medical condition that has caused memory difficulties. Ian Gray, Michigan State's vice president for research, said that disciplinary action had been taken in the case.
- Eroding Library Role?
- Not a Consolation Prize
- On the Road
- New Presidents or Provosts: Auburn U. at Montgomery, Greensboro College, Merrimack College, National-Louis U., Ohio Dominican U., Prescott College, U. of Akron, U. of North Texas at Dallas
- Today's Assignment: Pay Up
- Protests Erupt Over Non-Renewal of Lecturer/Union Leader
- San Francisco State Reconsiders Offer of Credit for 9th Graders
- Advice for Florida on Latino Students
Search for Jobs