Prairie View A&M has disbanded its chapter of Phi Beta Sigma fraternity for violations of hazing rules and state law -- violations linked to the death of a student in October, The Dallas Morning News reported. The student, who had a medical condition that placed him at risk, collapsed during an intense exercise drill. A university report found that the fraternity tried to cover up its role in the tragedy, instructing students to deny that any fraternity members were present.
- Brutal Haze
- Fraternity Fatalities
- Hazing incidents draw increasingly intense responses
- Observations From the Frat Subreddit
- Are college marching bands hotbeds of hazing?
- Testing an Anti-Hazing Law
- Sigma Alpha Epsilon announces new plan to 'combat' racism among its chapters
- After being called 'deadliest fraternity,' SAE announces it will end pledging
Search for Jobs