- Quick Takes: Contract Deal for Cal State Faculty, Colleges Reminded of Loan Rules, Senator's Probe on Sports and Taxes, Michigan Students Arrested at Sit-In, American U. Students Protest Karl Rove
- Arbitrator orders U. of Hawaii to place ex-adjunct on the tenure track
- New faculty model at U. Denver could be prototype for reform
- Better Contracts for Full-Time Adjuncts
- Essay on new effort to rethink faculty roles and treatment of adjuncts
The new union for non-tenure-track faculty members at Western Michigan University has negotiated a first contract with the university. The union, affiliated with the American Federation of Teachers, hasn't released details of the contract yet. A statement from Karl Schrock, the president of the union, said: "We are pleased with the improvements to our working conditions that will occur as a result of this first contract. At a time when other state employees have experienced wage reductions, reduced security and take-backs, we have been able to secure modest gains on all fronts."
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories