Internet sites that obsess over college admissions were abuzz Monday with a rumor about a Facebook posting claiming to be about someone admitted to Harvard University whose admission had been revoked following some rude comments on his Facebook page. The rumor spread from one site to another to another, even many of those posting it noting things that gave them doubts about the veracity of the story. Inside Higher Ed called Harvard, where a spokesman assured us that the rumor is "not true."
- Quick Takes: How Attitudes Derail Math, College Funds Found to Have Been Misused, Mergers in Georgia, Why a Provost Left After 7 Weeks, Threats Shut Middle Tennessee, Turkey Turmoil at Harvard B-School
- Still Banned at Saint Louis U.
- New SAT Mystery
- Proving You're Not a Puppy Murderer
- War of Words Over Paper on Israel
- 'The Phantom Professor'
- Vent No More
- Gunfight at the For-Profit Corral
Search for Jobs