Zafra Lerman, a longtime chemistry professor at Columbia College Chicago, is suing the college, charging that she lost her job in retaliation for her defense of another faculty member and because she is Jewish, the Chicago Sun-Times reported. Lerman has been an outspoken defender of faculty rights and a critic of administrators at the college, resulting in numerous disputes in which the administration has denied violating her rights.
- Staying Away From Arizona
- Commencement Speakers Announced: Eureka, Miami Dade, NJIT, Ohio U., Reed, Saint Joseph, U. of Denver, U. of Maryland Eastern Shore, U. of Nebraska at Kearney, U. of Washington, Western New England
- Rocky Road in Chicago
- Anger at Albion Over Faculty Layoffs
- Upcoming Events in Higher Ed: Bioethics, Learned Societies, Institutional Research, Urban Campuses, Mathematics, International Education
- The Academic Pork Barrel, 2010
- Suit Over Poetry Program Settled
- 'The Rhetoric of Remediation'
Search for Jobs