Zafra Lerman, a longtime chemistry professor at Columbia College Chicago, is suing the college, charging that she lost her job in retaliation for her defense of another faculty member and because she is Jewish, the Chicago Sun-Times reported. Lerman has been an outspoken defender of faculty rights and a critic of administrators at the college, resulting in numerous disputes in which the administration has denied violating her rights.
- Rocky Road in Chicago
- Quick Takes: ROTC Declines, Details on Threat at Trinity International, British Boycott of Israeli Universities
- Quick Takes: Faculty Call Strike at Eastern Michigan, Regis College to Admit Men, Aid Policies Criticized, Class Ranks Considered in Colorado, Welfare Proposals Questioned, Is Chief Illiniwek on the Way Out?
- Quick Takes: $435 Million for Nano Research at Albany, Mob Allegations Prompt Contract Review at Illinois-Chicago
- Disrespecting Whom?
- Attack by Taliban kills 2 from American U. in Afghanistan
- (Heterosexual) Love and (Women's) Basketball
Search for Jobs