Part-time faculty members in Maine's community college system have voted to unionize, affiliating with the Service Employees International Union, which represents many other state employees, the Associated Press reported. Union leaders said that the adjuncts need better working conditions and that they now teach a majority of courses in the system.
- Do Adjunct Votes Count?
- Adjunct union contracts ensure real gains including better pay
- Unions for Private College Part-Timers
- Implications of the NLRB's reconsideration of grad student unionization (essay)
- What Part-Timers Want
- A Shop Divided
- National Adjunct Walkout Day approaches, attracting both enthusiasm and questions
- Adjuncts at Lutheran university win right to unionize
Search for Jobs