Debates have gone on for years between advocates of associate degree and bachelor's degree nursing. In the Philadelphia area, several major hospitals have in recent years announced that they will hire only those with bachelor's degrees, even if enough associate degree nurses are receiving the same registered nurse certification, The Philadelphia Inquirer reported. Given overall nursing shortages in the state, the move is leading to increased debate over whether it is appropriate to favor one group of nurses over another.
- Falling Education Attainment
- Colleges as Potential Tax Targets
- Methodology Change for Ph.D. Rankings
- Are Athletics Scholarships Fair?
- Unknown and Unaccountable
- Entangling Alliance
- Challenges remain for community colleges offering bachelor's degrees
- Report: Colleges Reject Qualified Nursing Applicants
Search for Jobs