The Texas Board of Education on Friday approved new history standards that have angered many historians, The Dallas Morning News reported. Critics have said that the standards inject political views into most consideration of modern history, elevating the role of President Reagan above others, for example, and offering a much more positive assessment of Sen. Joseph McCarthy than many scholars find justified. In a victory for the critics, the board returned Thomas Jefferson to the list of political philosophers considered worth studying.
- Revised AP U.S. history framework seeks to calm critics
- New Presidents or Provosts: El Centro College, Oakland CC, Red Rocks CC, U. of Louisiana-Lafayette, U. of Missouri-Kansas City, Western Governors U.
- Interview with editors of 'The American Yawp,' a free history textbook published online
- Essay on Death of Eugene Genovese
- Baylor Fires Its President
Search for Jobs
Popular Job Categories
Chemical, Paper and Biomedical Engineering: Assistant or Associate Professor in Biomedical/Bioengineering