Newberry College announced Monday that its sports teams will be known as "Wolves," a name suggested by students. Newberry stopped using its old name, "Indians," in 2008, after the National Collegiate Athletic Association pushed members to stop using Native American names. While figuring out its future name, Newberry was among three colleges without names for their teams.
- A Better Way to Borrow
- Community College as Convener
- 4-Year Debate Over a Book Choice
- Personalizing the M.D.
- The E-Book Sector
- Stanford Follows Berkeley on Student DNA Tests
- New Programs: Humanitarianism, Robotics, Psychology, Environmental Studies, Geosciences
- U. of Dubuque Backs Off Idea of Buying Alaska Campus
Search for Jobs