Wayne State University announced Wednesday that it will maintain its Helen Thomas Spirit of Diversity Award, to honor journalists, despite the controversy over anti-Israel statements that led Thomas -- a Wayne State alumna -- to retire, The Detroit Free Press reported. A university statement said that Wayne State "strongly condemns" her "wholly inappropriate comments" but that the controversy shouldn't detract from her "many years of exemplary service."
- Should Colleges Rescind Honors for Helen Thomas?
- NCAA Levies Academic Penalties
- Newly Tenured ... at Beloit, Le Moyne, St. Catherine, Vanderbilt, Villanova
- Amid Criticism, President of Indiana U. of Pennsylvania Quits
- With Library Closed, Students Create Their Own
- Blind Students Sue Over Online Law School Applications
- College and Rehab Under One Roof
- Learning From the Masters (Tournament)
Search for Jobs