The board of South Carolina State University voted 7-to-4 Tuesday not to renew the contract of George Cooper as president, ending his tenure after two years in office, The Charleston Post and Courier reported. Board members who voted to end Cooper's tenure did not discuss why they did so, but one board member who backed the president said that those voting to remove him had "unrealistic expectations and look for quick change."
- The 'Community College' Internationally
- Too Young for College?
- Partial 'Program Integrity'
- Eastern Michigan Adjuncts Unionize
- Moody's Probes Colleges on Cash
- Vote of No Confidence in President of South Carolina State
- Jenny Sanford Considers College Presidency
- Newly Tenured ... at Austin, Pomona, Saint Xavier, Thomas Jefferson Law
Search for Jobs