The American Association of University Professors has issued a statement harshly criticizing East-West University for telling all adjuncts that they should would not be hired this summer and would need to be interviewed by the chancellor to obtain future assignments -- moves that the university says reflect a commitment to hiring good adjuncts but that many see as an effort to hurt a union organizing drive. "The actions of East-West University may have set a new low in managerial practice and have damaged both the institution’s labor relations and its educational quality. Blanket non-renewals, which in reality are large-scale layoffs, are a problematic employment practice that detracts from educational quality," said the AAUP statement.
- Coppin Plays Catchup On Retention
- Wendell Berry Pulls Papers from U. of Kentucky
- Adjuncts Get Back Pay and Assured Classes at East-West
- Report Sees Need for Cornell to Continue Suicide Barriers on Bridges
- Adjuncts Win Union Vote at East-West U.
- How to Avoid a Union Election
- National Adjunct Group Condemns East-West U.
- Newly Tenured ... at Marquette, Millikin, Mount St. Mary's, Vanderbilt
Search for Jobs